This site is optimised for modern web browsers, and does not fully support your browser version, we suggest the use of one of the following browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, some sections of the website may not work correctly such as web forms
Orthopaedics - Hip Disease in the Young Dog
Wednesday 20 June 2018
Willows Referral Service, Highlands Road, Shirley Solihull B90 4NH
0121 712 7070
Hip dysplasia is one of the most common causes of hind limb lameness in the dog. Radiography is usually a straightforward mean of confirming the diagnosis, but what should you do next? When should you adopt a more conservative “wait and see” approach and when should surgery be considered? What is the role of symphysiodesis and triple / double pelvic osteotomies and when are they appropriate? Which patients would benefit from total hip replacement and when should it be performed? What are the benefits and possible drawbacks of hip dysplasia screening in 2 to 5 months old patients?
This talk will cover the diagnostic and treatment options available for managing hip dysplasia and will present a logical approach to decision-making for these cases. In addition to hip dysplasia, other hip pathologies such as Calvé Legg Perthes disease and slipped capital physes will be covered in the second part of this talk.
CPD Forum kindly sponsored by
Please login to book
To ensure you don't miss this event, register to receive CPD Forum updates - you will then be emailed as soon as the registration form is made available and when new CPD events are added. Unfortunately, bookings cannot be made on your behalf by contacting the practice directly.
For directions and contact details please go to our contact page.
To register for this CPD event you must be a registered member, if you already have an account please sign in below otherwise please register here.
Becoming a registered member has the following benefits:
- rapidly register to attend Willows CPD events
- track your Willows CPD attendance
- download CPD Attendance Certificates
- download CPD Day Forum Invoices
- the ability to manage your registration for Willows CPD updates
- even quicker on-line registration of routine referred cases
- the facility to review the cases you have referred to Willows
- the option to quickly record emergency cases you have referred over the phone, and have these automatically entered into the quarterly draw (see below)
- track the log of cases you have referred to Willows Referral Service
To encourage use of this new efficient process, for each case you refer using the form and which is then seen by us, you will be entered into a quarterly prize draw!