This site is optimised for modern web browsers, and does not fully support your browser version, we suggest the use of one of the following browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, some sections of the website may not work correctly such as web forms
26 March 2020
Veterinary consultations from the comfort of your own home
The health, safety and wellbeing of our patients, clients, team members and our community is our number-one priority.
During this time of social isolation and distancing we are committed to providing the highest levels of care to our patients and owners alike. In taking all necessary steps to prevent the spread of COVID-19 we are delighted to announce the introduction of video consultations for both primary care and referral appointments.
Benefits of Video Consultation:
- Veterinary consultations from the comfort of your own home
- Reducing face-to-face contact for our clients and team members
- Extended 15-minute General Practice appointments
- Referral appointments lasting up to 45 minutes
- Limiting the need for non-essential travel
- Access to care when your pet needs it most.
Committed to excellence in all that we do.
Following a video consultation, it may be necessary for your pet to undergo a physical examination to enable a full diagnosis to be made. You would be required to bring your pet to Willows for this; there would be no additional charge for this examination. Please note that due to restrictions in place for COVID-19 if a physical examination is required you will be asked to wait in your vehicle whilst the Vet undertakes the examination of your pet in the hospital. A further consultation will then take place with you over telephone from the Hospital.
Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS) Guidance
Vets work under professional guidance from the RCVS and the Medicines Act; this restricts what can be carried out remotely to diagnose and treat your pet when they are unwell.
Currently in the circumstances of the coronavirus outbreak, some relaxation of these rules can be permissible, such as when an owner must remain isolated at home or treating a pet in practice is not practical and no reasonable alternative is available. Under these circumstances a video consultation might be appropriate. In the first instance, please call the Hospital and we will discuss the best way to manage your request.
To find our more or book a video consultation contact our team on 0121 712 7070.
Video Consultation Service Terms and Conditions
- Our Vets will be able to give general advice, help monitor and update treatment for pets already under our care. We may be able to provide veterinary attention to new cases where no other more suitable arrangements can reasonably be made. Depending on the individual circumstance of any request – the final decision to conduct a video consultation will be made by the Hospital.
- The Video Consultation Service can only be booked once our veterinary team agree it is appropriate to do so. In the first instance you must call the Hospital, where the options available will be discussed with you. Any agreed video consultation must be pre-booked and is subject to availability.
- Fees will be charged in line with our standard consultation fees. Payment will be taken prior to the video consultation appointment with receipts sent via email or post. Payment for any further treatments or medication will be taken after the consultation. You will need to call the Hospital to agree how medication can be obtained (if posted, an additional delivery charge will apply – depending on the delivery service requested).
- The video consultation will take place using the technology platform Microsoft Teams. The Microsoft Teams app must be downloaded and installed prior to the consultation. Please note that use of the app is subject to your agreement to Microsoft’s terms and conditions. This app is currently free of charge (as of 26.03.20) – however please consult your app provider for the costs at the time of download. You will be responsible for all costs charged by your network provider relating to the use of this service.
In addition, our standard terms and conditions will apply.