This site is optimised for modern web browsers, and does not fully support your browser version, we suggest the use of one of the following browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, some sections of the website may not work correctly such as web forms
Emergency and Animal Welfare Service at Willows
26 March 2020
As the COVID-19 situation evolves, we are continually reviewing the resources we have available and the provision of services which are of most need to our clients and their pets.
As a result, to allow our team to focus efforts on the pets in most urgent need of our care, Willows will remain physically open for urgent and emergency cases, however there will be a need to postpone appointments for routine and non-urgent patients.
When you have been referred by your Primary Care Veterinary Practice, we will be able to advise on how your pet can still receive the care they need and the steps you need to take.
For those who have appointments booked for routine/non-urgent cases a member of our team will contact you to advise of these changes and offer an alternative date for three months’ time. Where possible we can offer you the opportunity to speak to a veterinary nurse or veterinary surgeon if you have any concerns regarding your postponement. If your appointment is postponed and your pet were to deteriorate in the interim, you could of course contact us and your appointment could be re-arranged and your pet seen sooner, if necessary.
Some appointments, including follow-up consultations, may be able to take place via video call, for more information about this please call our team on 0121 712 7070.
Medicines, prescriptions and food can also be supplied.
Guidance for visiting Willows:
If you are visiting Willows for an urgent or emergency appointment, the following precautions are in place to protect everyone who works in and visits our Hospital:
- If you’ve been exposed to COVID-19, had close contact with someone who has, or if you are experiencing symptoms (new persistent cough and/or fever), and your pet needs veterinary care, please call us. We will be able to advise you on how your pets can receive the care they need.
- If you have been self-isolated with COVID-19 and have recently visited Willows, please let us know as soon as possible.
- On arrival, please wait in your car and call our reception team on 0121 712 7070 to notify them of your arrival.
- At the time of the appointment you will be contacted by phone and asked to bring your pet to the front door which will be opened for you to put your pet in the vestibule where a member of the team will be waiting.
- A member of our team will then bring your pet into the hospital to be examined.
- Consultation with a Vet will take place over the phone whilst you are in your vehicle, during which the appropriate treatment options will be discussed.
- If you need to change any appointments because you are in isolation, please call us and we will rearrange these for you.
Please contact us if you’d like further advice about caring for your pet over the coming months.
Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time.