This site is optimised for modern web browsers, and does not fully support your browser version, we suggest the use of one of the following browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, some sections of the website may not work correctly such as web forms
Anaesthesia/Nursing - The Septic Patient
Wednesday 21 November 2018
Willows Referral Service, Highlands Road, Shirley Solihull B90 4NH
0121 712 7070
The septic patient
Sepsis – a severe systemic inflammatory response to infection – is a frustrating life-threatening condition. Recognising early signs of sepsis, understanding how to monitor a septic patient and finally knowing what treatment to provide is paramount to increase the likelihood of survival. What is an essential treatment? What else can you do for these patients?
A septic patient requires intensive round the clock treatment.
During this session you will learn how to approach the septic patient and what the latest treatment guidelines are.
- Sepsis – definition and signs
- Initial nursing of the septic patient
- Stabilisation and fluid therapy
- Which fluids? Which drugs? And how much?
- What to do if you cannot get that blood pressure up? Which drugs are available and how to administer them?
- Supportive treatment
Please login to book
To ensure you don't miss this event, register to receive CPD Forum updates - you will then be emailed as soon as the registration form is made available and when new CPD events are added. Unfortunately, bookings cannot be made on your behalf by contacting the practice directly.
For directions and contact details please go to our contact page.
To register for this CPD event you must be a registered member, if you already have an account please sign in below otherwise please register here.
Becoming a registered member has the following benefits:
- rapidly register to attend Willows CPD events
- track your Willows CPD attendance
- download CPD Attendance Certificates
- download CPD Day Forum Invoices
- the ability to manage your registration for Willows CPD updates
- even quicker on-line registration of routine referred cases
- the facility to review the cases you have referred to Willows
- the option to quickly record emergency cases you have referred over the phone, and have these automatically entered into the quarterly draw (see below)
- track the log of cases you have referred to Willows Referral Service
To encourage use of this new efficient process, for each case you refer using the form and which is then seen by us, you will be entered into a quarterly prize draw!