willows

Your login session has timed out.
Please login below.

Willows website uses cookies - by continuing to browse the website you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Further information

close willows alert cookies

Submit Case Report

Do you wish to submit this report?

Submit Case Report

Prior to submitting please preview the report using the Save and Preview button.

Use the browser back button to return.

Cancel Case Report Assignment

Are you sure you wish to cancel your assignment to report on this case – all inputted data will be lost!

Delete Case

Do you want to delete this case?

This site is optimised for modern web browsers, and does not fully support your browser version, we suggest the use of one of the following browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, some sections of the website may not work correctly such as web forms

Paws for thought and protect furry friends at christmas - A message from the team…

21 December 2016

Paws for thought and protect furry friends at christmas - A message from the team…

 

As Christmas approaches please remember to keep ribbons and tinsel safely away from pets. Over the years we have seen many cases where pets have been left in a critical condition after swallowing lengths of thread, ribbons and tinsel, amongst many other things!

Recently a young cat was rushed to surgery after an ultrasound scan revealed that his intestines were folded up due to the effects of swallowing a length of thread. Emergency surgery by one of our Specialist soft tissue surgeons revealed that the thread had cut through the intestinal wall which led to part of the intestine being surgically removed. The situation for this patient was very serious, and although he went on to make a full recovery, this highlights the dangers of string and ribbon being left lying around over Christmas.

We don’t want to be killjoys but we would urge all pet owners to keep their homes tidy over the festive period and bear in mind the potential risk unattended decorations, toys, food packaging and wrapping materials can pose to a playful cat or dog.

Click on the link for our top tips on keeping your pets safe over Christmas.