This site is optimised for modern web browsers, and does not fully support your browser version, we suggest the use of one of the following browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, some sections of the website may not work correctly such as web forms
It’s National Pet Month - 1st April – 1st May 2017
5 April 2017
Now in its 27th year, National Pet Month takes place annually during the month of April to raise awareness of responsible pet ownership and to celebrate the benefits that pet ownership brings to us all.
National Pet Month is a registered charity. Its key aims are to:
- Promote responsible pet ownership
- Make people aware of the mutual benefits of living with pets
- Increase public awareness of the role of pet care specialists
- Raise awareness of the value of working and assistance companion animals
Here are the charity’s top tips for responsible pet ownership;
- Think carefully before getting a pet and learn about its special requirements.
- Ensure your pet is sociable and well trained.
- Provide a nutritious and well-balanced diet.
- Provide suitable housing and bedding.
- Clean up after your pet and worm it regularly.
- Protect against disease. Your vet can provide you with advice.
- Prevent unwanted litters and neuter your pet when appropriate.
- Groom your pet regularly.
- Control your pet and ensure it is properly identified.
- Take out pet insurance for dogs, cats, rabbits and horses to cover against unexpected veterinary fees and third party liability.
Let’s celebrate our pets - we would love you to share your photos of your pets with us! Just post them on Willows Facebook page.
To find out more visit the National Pet Month website.