This site is optimised for modern web browsers, and does not fully support your browser version, we suggest the use of one of the following browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, some sections of the website may not work correctly such as web forms
Come and join us for a Purr-fect day of CPD
2 April 2017
We are inviting all of our veterinary nursing colleagues to come and join us on Wednesday 17th May for a full day of feline friendly nursing CPD.
The day will focus on best practice nursing of the geriatric cat, anaesthesia and analgesia considerations for the feline patient and how to set up successful cat clinics.
Talks will include:
- Setting up cat clinics; diabetic, hyperthyroid and renal
- Cats are not small dogs; considerations for anaesthesia of the feline patient
- Analgesia and pain scoring of cats
- Common feline toxicities and their management
- Management of the blocked cat – approach to feline lower urinary tract disease
- On a knife edge - nursing the cardiac cat
- Systemic hypertension; how, when and why to measure
- Nutritional management of the inappetant cat
- There will also be some discussion on providing a cat friendly clinic.
For further information and to book your place please visit the Feline Friendly Nursing Veterinary Professionals CPD Day.