This site is optimised for modern web browsers, and does not fully support your browser version, we suggest the use of one of the following browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, some sections of the website may not work correctly such as web forms
We are looking to recruit a full time and part time Pharmacy Assistant within our multi-disciplinary specialist veterinary practice in Solihull, West Midlands. These positions are very responsible roles within an extremely busy environment. The successful candidates will be working alongside other trained Pharmacy Assistants.
Key elements of the post include:
- Ordering a wide range of pharmaceutical and consumable supplies from several suppliers
- Efficient stock control and correct storage of pharmaceutical supplies
- Dealing with deliveries/quality checks and returns
- Preparing and dispensing prescribed medication according to strict dispensing guidelines
- Handling telephone requests for repeat prescriptions from clients
- Conducting cost comparisons and liaising with supplier representatives
- Updating Health & Safety Data sheets as per current COSHH legislation
- Creation and review of pharmacy standard operating procedures
- Liaising with veterinary surgeons, nursing and reception staff
- Accurate record keeping using a client-based computer system
- Maintaining high standards of organisation and cleanliness within our modern pharmacy
- Excellent communication, accuracy and attention to detail at all times
The roles involve working one Saturday in three and some evening duties.
Successful applicants must hold 1 years’ experience in dispensing within a veterinary environment and hold or be working towards the AMTRA Suitably Qualified Person accreditation. Candidates with a dispensing qualification and experience in a hospital or a high street chemist will also be considered for these roles.
We offer an exciting and rewarding work environment, which has helped Willows achieve the Investors in People Award at the extended Silver level. Together with this, a competitive salary commensurate with experience, membership of a company pension scheme, employees assistance programme, generous CPD allowance and free uniform are all available for the right candidate.
To apply please download the following documents
To apply in writing
You can apply for the post either online (as below) or apply in writing including a completed application form (downloadable from above), covering letter of intent and current curriculum vitae to Ceris Talbot, Willows Veterinary Centre & Referral Service, Highlands Road, Shirley, Solihull, West Midlands B90 4NH, UK.
If you would like to discuss this position before applying, please call Debbie Lynch, Nurse Manager, on 0121 712 7070.
To apply online
Please complete the following details and upload a covering letter of intent, application form and a curriculum vitae.